international chair of UNESCO
«Cultural-Historical Psychology of Childhood»
higher education - Bachelor’s degree\ Specialist’s degree (Russia)\Master’s degree.
Form of studying: full-time
Length of studies: 2 years
Features of the program: the program includes mastering of four integrative modules. Thereу is an intermediate attestation in the end of each module (exam week). First four integrative modules include academic module (theoretical part) and practical and research work connected with it. The fifth module includes practice and research work, the sixth – practice, research work and final state certification (final state exam and diploma defense).
Intensiveness of the program: full amount -120 credits*
Theory – 57 credits
Practice and research work – 57 credits that include
Educational practice – 3 credits
Practical training – 15 credits
Research work – 27 credits
Pre-degree practice – 12 credits
Final state certification
(Including preparation of the dissertation)- 6 credits
*1 credit = 36 academic hours
Classes start on the 1st of September, 2015
Entrance exam: on the 27th of June and 25th of July
Master’s program “Cultural-Historical Theory and Activity Approach in Education” is unique. In the framework of the project of modernization of education initiated by the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation, we began training of specialists highly demanded by our educational system -teachers-researchers.
The program consists of several modules and is aimed at students’ deep research work and practice in interaction with educational establishments of different levels. That’s why we decided to lessen the amount of theoretical hours on principle and designed individual practice plans on the base of the system of clinical bases – educational establishments of pre-school or secondary education type, or, for example, psycho-medico-social centers.
The special accent, which later became the basis of the professional standard of the teacher, was made on the activity in education. In accordance with this standard, which will come into force in all educational organizations from 2017, effective organization of learning activity is impossible without preparation of qualified specialists capable to conduct psychological-pedagogical research of the learning, education, and development processes occurring in lively interaction of a teacher (kindergarten teacher) and pupils (children) in forms of the joint activity of all participants of an educational process.
The main feature of the program is that it is oriented on the ideas and methods of cultural-historical psychology and activity approach in education. It is based on the best achievements of scientific school of L.S. Vygotsky, A.N. Leont’ev, A.R. Luriya and their followers. Future masters will get an opportunity to participate in interdisciplinary international researches of educational and social sphere. The program is included in international projects from the very beginning and corresponds to the actual conception of the University development.
But we do not just prepare researchers in the field of education. We form research competences in our students, future teachers, which will in future enable them to assess properly the difficulties that arise in the course of the educational process, to organize adequate training activities, and finally, to carry out effectively their own professional actions, changing them if the situation in the classroom (group) requires that.
Among the teachers of the program are:
- Vitaly Rubtsov, Doctor of psychology, Professor, Full member of Russian Academy of Education , Head of the international UNESCO chair “Cultural-Historical Psychology of Childhood” , Rector of MSUPE
- Veselin Veselov, Doctor of Psychology, professor of Plovdiv university “Paisii Hilendarski”(Bulgaria)
- Nikolay Veresov, Doctor of Phyloosophy, PhD in Psychology, professor of Monash University (Australia)
- Serena Maria Vidzhetti, Professor of the 1st University of Rome «La Sapienza» (Department of Psychology), a foreign member of the Russian Academy of Education
- Viktor Guruzhapov, Doctor of Psychology, professor, Head of the Department of Educational Psychology, Faculty of Psychology of Education of MSUPE
- Manolis Dafermakis, PhD in Philosophy, Assistant Professor, University of Crete (Department of psychology)
- Harry Daniels, professor of Oxford University, one of the heads of Oxford Centre for Sociocultural and Activity Theory Research (OSAT)
- Dmitry Lubovsky, Doctor of Psychology, professor of the Department of Educational psychology of the Faculty of Psychology of Education
- Arcady Margolis, PhD in Psychology, academic supervisor of support of bachelor and professional (pedagogical) master’s projects, professor of the international UNESCO chair “Cultural-Historical Psychology of Childhood”
- Boris Elkonin, Doctor of psychology, Professor, Head of the laboratory of the Psychological Institute of the Russian Academy of Education
Sphere of students’ professional activity: education, social sphere
Objects of professional activity: education, upbringing, development of students
Types of professional activity: research, educational
Mastered competences: according to the standard in the framework of direction 44.04.02 “Psycho-pedagogical education” students will master not only cultural and professional competences, but also additional competences in the field of psycho-pedagogical research:
- Knowledge of methods of cultural psychology and activity approach in the analysis of problems of educational activity, connected with features of the organization (interaction of participants, distribution of activities, communication, mutual understanding, reflection)
- Ability to conduct address psycho-pedagogical research of features and conditions of organization of educational activity, define requirements for the new forms of organization of mutual educational work
- Ability to plan effective forms of mutual educational activity that correspond to the requirements of the zone of proximal development and of the students’ age
- Ability to plan and conduct assessment of students’ educational results that are conditioned by the structure and patterns of organization of educational activity, individual and age-related features of the students
- Ability and readiness to work in the team of specialists that ensure effective organization and development of educational activity
- Ability to assess using reflection student’s own professional achievements and realize professional development of professional activity on the base of the conducted psycho-pedagogical researches.